Rare and delicious Brazil nuts
Brazil nuts not so long ago appeared on the shelves of local stores, but quickly became a competitor for the usual walnuts or pine nuts. Despite its name, bring them in the majority are not from Brazil, but from a distant and mysterious Bolivia. Outwardly, they are reminiscent of a peanut, but bigger. Grow on trees in fruit, like coconuts (one large nut is usually 8-24 small nut). The harvest of these whimsical treats are able to collect exclusively in the wild.
Strange and unusual Brazil nuts: benefits and harms
The composition and properties of the Brazil nut have been studied and mysteries in it today left. The taste is reminiscent of pine nuts. Used in cooking, cosmetics and traditional medicine. It was eaten raw, roasted or salted. It is made from oil, which artists add paint to save juicy colors, they lubricate the movements, added to cosmetics, it treats ulcers and wounds on the skin.
Use Brazil nut health
The use of these nuts in food is able to reflect on the human condition:
– reduce cholesterol;
– saturate the body with fiber (an important component to work of the intestine);
– blagotvoreniya on the reproductive function: increase potency, prolong reproductive age;
– have anticarcinogenic properties (when consumed in small doses);
– prolongs youthfulness of the skin;
– stimulate growth and have a beneficial effect on the mental abilities of children;
– increase protective forces of an organism, the developing immune system;
– normalizes metabolism;
– struggling with fatigue, apathy, depression;
– prevent the development of atherosclerosis and cataract;
– saturate the body with vitamins (E, B1, D, C), microelements;
– facilitate the burning of fats when consumed within the daily dose;
– cleanse the skin, making it smooth and healthy;
– provide Shine to hair.
The Brazil nut harm to human health
Like most other nuts, this type can cause allergic reactions. Therefore, it is not recommended to eat the breast-feeding women, children up to 3 years and everyone who suffers from chronic pronounced allergic to nuts and mango. In the children’s diet product, you must enter the minimum doses and to monitor the reaction.
To consume a day is worth no more than two such nuts. All the useful qualities which they possess, will be thwarted if the dose exceeds permissible: may develop poisoning, intoxication, begin dizziness.
In the skin of the walnut is a particularly dangerous toxin that when the concentration in the human body can cause cancer. For this reason, Brazil nuts are particularly careful control when imported into the EU. To purchase is only peeled nuts!
In the flesh these nuts in small doses, contains radium, which can also harm the body even a perfectly healthy person. In small and moderate doses it is not dangerous, but is a radioactive element and can cause irreversible consequences.
Hypertension is also particularly neat to include them in your daily menu. And it is better to limit consumption to 1 nut per day.
Though these nuts and perfectly stored, during transportation, storage they can be processed with various chemicals or infected by microorganisms. Is especially careful to choose nuts in bulk or opt for a Packed positions.